02 October 2009

Black History Month UK

I am feeling a little out of the loop at the moment. I usually know what is coming on television and the various events that are coming on. Though thankfully I was on the NHS Direct website and they have a wonderful feature for Black History month in the UK.

The NHS live well Black History Month section gives a different twist on celebration of life. So as well as celebrating our worldwide spoken and unspoken history and presence , we should celebrate our health (something I need to do). To mark the occasion the NHS celebrate the life of 7 health heroes making positive changes to their lives and others.

Are you taking part in any of the celebrations? Have you come across any worthwhile articles? Please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:51 pm

    I've had a forward sent to me with a list of events on it, and the site listed on it is black history studies. Also just at the end of the the month and into November it's the black film awards bfmmedia.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Please make note of the comment policy in the above menu bar.