26 August 2009

Ninetynine Magazine


Whilst at the You're Beautiful Woman event I went to last week. I had the pleasure of meeting some innovative and inspirational black entrepreneurs. I love magazines but cut down on them dramatically. However this magazine caught my eye.

It is called Ninetynine magazine. Olumide Solanke is one of the creative forces behind the magazine. He spoke to me about it with such joy. You could tell that care and thought has been taken to create this rarity in Black British society. It is filled with stories of UK Black achievers in every level of society. Their mission states that they aim to “identify, inform and celebrate the achievements of proactive black people in the UK”.

It is quite a new magazine a unisex one at that. I have the 2nd issue which has been a very lovely read. Tim Campbell from the Apprentice is the cover star, who shares his life since Apprentice and his current role and founder of the Bright Ideas Trust. This issue explores the need for role models, family values, young mentors , food, money and much more.

I will definitely be subscribing , that way I do not miss a copy. The subscription fee may not be a discount like my Glamour mag. Though it is so worth the read and will save me searching for this brilliant magazine. Have you read it, if so what do you think? I think this is just what Black Britain needs. A positive inspirational magazine from the UK.

4 comments:

  1. Nessa6:46 pm

    This looks fantastic, will definitely be subscribing! Thanks for sharing the info :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ninetynine magazine is a really great read and a fantastic and positive publication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:48 am

    Thank you for sharing, I'l go and pick it up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Please make note of the comment policy in the above menu bar.